Monday, March 16, 2015

Sticks and Stones May Break My Bones....But God!



We need to remember that no one, no matter how scary, can destroy the church.  No one can destroy Christianity.  Isn't history loaded with groups and individuals who have tried to stop the Gospel from spreading around the globe.  Don't be afraid.  Don't get caught up in all the hype and scary looking things.  We win.  The church is not a building that someone can put an end to.  We, The Followers of Christ, are the Church.  Our very bodies are The Temple.  Hang in there and watch in wonder what the Lord is doing around the Globe.  God is Sovereign and is not twiddling his thumbs and saying..."I never saw that one coming!"  He, God, of course saw it coming, all of it, and sent us a Savior, His name is Jesus Christ, and it is FINISHED!

Read the verses below and be encouraged from His Word.....

Isaiah 51:7 “Hear me, you who know what is right, you people who have taken my instruction to heart: Do not fear the reproach of mere mortals or be terrified by their insults.
Do not tremble, do not be afraid. Did I not proclaim this and foretell it long ago? You are my witnesses. Is there any God besides me? No, there is no other Rock; I know not one.”
‘Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know.’
They will treat you this way because of my name, for they do not know the one who sent me.
Therefore do not let what you know is good be spoken of as evil.
Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own;
For you know that it was not with perishable things such as silver or gold that you were redeemed from the empty way of life handed down to you from your ancestors,

Acts 8:3
But Saul began to destroy the church. Going from house to house, he dragged off both men and women and put them in prison.
Acts 8:1
And Saul approved of their killing him. [ The Church Persecuted and Scattered ] On that day a great persecution broke out against the church in Jerusalem, and all except the apostles were scattered throughout Judea and Samaria.

Revelation 2:29
Whoever has ears, let them hear what the Spirit says to the churches.


God is Sovereign....Wick Jackson




No comments:

Post a Comment