Thursday, November 17, 2011

"Thanks, I Needed That"


November 16, 2011

An impending storm just dumped a lot of rain on a dry and weary land…namely…my yard. The ground sponged up the much- needed water so fast that barely any of the wetness sits on top of the ground, just after a few minutes. If rain soaked ground could smack its’ lips and wipe its’ mouth, it would say with relief…”Whooh boy…we needed that!”

That is also what folks, around the world, would say if we would just take the Gospel to them…”Whooh boy…we needed that!” There is a dry and weary landscape full of people waiting to soak up the Gospel message…but we gotta take it to them.

I am encouraged today, more than I have been in a long time. I see something going on in the circles, where I hang. I see men, understanding the Gospel like never before. I see men, changing their way of thinking…from…”What must I do?” to…”Thank God, Christ has already done it!” The Gospel is simple…

1 Corinthians 15:3-4
#1…Christ died for our sins
#2…He was buried
#3…He was raised on the third day

This is critical for us to, not only understand for ourselves, but for us to share with others.

You and I are God’s Ambassadors…We are plan “A”…There is no plan “B”.

1 comment: